Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fall is Here!


 Today is my first unplanned day off that I have had in about 4 months!  Boy oh Boy the possibilities of things I can do today! 

First things first....blog! 

This Wood Bison calf on the right was the last born calf of this summer.  He was only born about 3 weeks ago.  This makes him about 2 months younger than all the other calves. 





I was able to catch him nursing in this pic.  I bet all the other calves are jealous since they are basically done nursing from their mothers.  You can see another calf in the back ground.  The other calves are already dark brown like their mom's.  So it is really funny to see only one orange spot now in the herd.







Our 2 Sitka Black Tailed Deer are doing great!  They have even completely lost their spots.  Leia is on the right and Solo is on the left.  Solo now only gets one bottle a day.  All of our calves are almost completely weaned.  The two moose calves, Sully and Teddy, are still at 2 bottles but not for much longer.  

 You can tell that Solo was hand raised before he came to the center.  As soon as he sees anyone that is bringing him browse or food he runs right over.  Leia is getting better at not being as skittish as she once was. 
Well, I didn't have that many photos today to share.  However, I do plan on runny around the center today and getting some great snap shots while the sun is still out.  I haven't seen the sun here in over 3 weeks!  Seriously, It has been pouring buckets of rain here non-stop for the past 3 weeks. 

I think one of the things I should check off my list today is to move my chickens, Boca and Tofu, over to the center for the winter.  I also have to start moving out of the cabin I stayed in all summer. 

Maybe I may even take a coffee break today at the lodge in Portage where I worked this summer. 

Ok....so readers be ready for the next blog to be posted fairly soon!

Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment