Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Devin's Here!

Well even though it has been a few weeks since his visit I haven't blogged in over a month!  And it isn't even summer yet when things really get busy!  My boyfriend, Devin, visited me in Alaska on a few of his days off.  he had never been further south than Anchorage so I really wanted to give him an alaskan experience.  What better way than feeding a moose!
I was also dog sitting two Brittany's at the time.  Devin and I went snowshoeing while walking them
one day.  It was a first for both of us.  This dog is named "Cream".

And of course Devin had to meet the famous "snickers"!


Earlier in the week a few other interns decided to build an igloo.  Perfect timing!  Even though it is collapsed now it was still fun to say we got to sit in an igloo in Alaska.
Snowshoeing was fun, but Devin soon learned that there can be some hidden holes in the snow.  I wouldn't dare post the picture showing Devin stuck in the hole.....hehe.










This was the best picture I was able to get of the two brittanys.  "Cream is the younger one on the left.   "Brandy Rose" is the mother of "Cream".  
Cream was having a little bit of fun....what do you think?

Doug Lindstrand snapped some great photos of our 2 youngest musk ox playing around on March 16th.  Mukluk and Walter are getting along great.


Photo Courtesy of Doug Lindstrand

Well I will end this blog on one last note.  Notice anything that's not supposed to be in this picture?

If you look closely you night see a different type of deer poking her head out from behind a tree.

Leia, one of our Sitka Black Tailed Deer, jumped the fence into the elk enclosure!  At least she was getting along well with the elk.  I wonder how many people thought they were looking at a baby elk that day?

Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn





1 comment:

  1. Dear Erin,

    I am Fien Vanbelle and I study animal-care in Belgium at the KATHO university. This is a 3-year study and I'm now in my second year. For our 3th internship we can go abroad. So I went looking for an internship about nature conservation and wildlife. My friend (Phoebe Rosel) and I found the website of the AWCC and we are now looking for more information about this internship. Our school thinks it's a good idea but they want us to contact some former interns to see what you really learn there, if it is a good internship. So we would like to know what it includes, what you can do there.

    I hope you can give us some information or share some experiences. I do not have your email, so that's why I ask it here.
    You can contact me on fien.vanbelle@hotmail.com or fien.vanbelle@student.katho.be

    Thank you and kind regards,
    Fien Vanbelle

    ReplyDelete