Tuesday, April 1, 2014

"Zelda"



I have had one awesome week!  First off, my mom arrived late friday night on the 7th and I couldn't wait to see her!  Someone else also couldn't wait to see her....Jade, our red fox!  My mom was here last summer just a few months after we received Jade and added him to the AWCC family.  He was very excited to get some chicken from her as a snack.


 We still hand feed Jade daily in order to keep him familiar with us and to remain calm when it comes to food.



Every time my mom visits we also go to our favorite place for dinner.....or dessert...or both!  Jack Sprat is a delicious place to eat that is just a few minutes walking distance from my condo.

As you can probably tell we decided to have dessert on one of my mom's last nights to visit.  We like to split their bread pudding.  I had a cappacino while my mom had a huge hot chocolate!









   We also went for a daily stroll in the lovely moose meadows.......
 Well the fun had to end sometime and it was back to work :(



These 2 hard working gals were riding around all day putting up panels for something.  I don't really know what project they were doing but I am sure it was a tough one knowing them.

The snow is almost gone and I am ready for summer!





Speaking of summer; our brown bears are out of hibernation and have been getting daily feedings at 4pm.  the crowds really have been getting larger and larger each week.  it gets me excited for the summer time crowds.  After months of not seeing many tourists I am ready for th daily brown bear feeding programs to start again.
We went out to the feeding in my truck and Doug Lindstrand happend to catch the photo opportunity.  He also snapped the photo from above.


Well if you know me by now you may have heard that I have a new addition in my life.  When my mom was visiting we were on the prowl for a dog for me.  After going to the anchorage pound, and an adoption clinic I found the perfect match for me.  

We drove out to the palmer/Wasilla dog pound just to look.  Nothing really caught my eye until.....a woman that worked there mentioned that she had a puppy just become available for adoption.  Like most people that look at a puppy needing a home I couldn't leave without her.  

so here she is: meet "ZELDA"


Our second day together my mom and I went to Turnagain pass.  


Zelda likes to hangout in the ticket booth at work with her Aunt Kara. 



yesterday (3/31) Zelda and I went to Seward to just go somewhere on our day off.  It so happens that they were in need of some movie extras for a search and rescue scene.  Zelda and I made our first movie debuts as search and rescue person/dog.  I can't believe they let me have my puppy on set all day!  I even met cary Elwes (princess bride actor).  It was an awesome day off!

Zelda say "goodnight lower 48"
-Erin and Z


No comments:

Post a Comment