Sunday, January 20, 2013

Back from a long Vacation

Well it's been nice texas but time to go back to Alaska and play with the critters.  I miss them!

But first here is a quick recap of the past month's adventures:

 I went to Pennsylvania for the first time ever!  I went with my Boyfriend to see the Liberty Bell.

We also went to the Hershey museum on the way to Philadelphia.  I was to o excited to see all the chocolate to even take pictures.

There were so many historical statues and buildings in the area.  it was nice learning our nations history.




One of the things I miss most about Texas, besides my friends and family, are the dogs!  This is Low Rider AKA-Rider.
 One of my friends works at the Houston Aqaurium.

 She let me hang out with her for the day.  I thought aquariums only had marine animals?  Nope, they also have a variety of birds, 4 white bengal Tigers, 1 sloth, serval, and a cute fox.

This is Katie in the picture on the right.

Thanks again Katie!
 Katie was showing me some of the commands that the birds know.






This is a serval that the aquarium also has.


So back to my own turf.  when I went back to work I was amazed at how big some of the animals have gotten in the past month!  This is solo on the left.  he is starting to bulk up like a male deer should.  I wonder if he is going to be territorial this summer with the 2 other female deer?






Well since I have returned the weather has been sort of yucky.  I used one of these photos that Doug Lindstrand sent back in november.  This is the bull elk that was used for breeding this year.  My oh my he sure is handsome!
                              Photo courtesy of: Doug Lindstrand - http://douglindstrand.com

Once I see the sun again I will be sure to post some more photos of the critters.  I know you just miss seeing Snickers cute face.  (at least you can't smell him..... )

Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment