Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hiking and Swimming all in one day



Well, these little guys sure are growing fast!  They are already down to only 3 bottles a day!  They are getting about 32oz. in each bottle, along with daily willow, and grain. 










Walter was giving me some lovin after his bottle was gone...ok so maybe he was actually just seeing if I had any more formula but I like to think he was just nuzzling me. 


Wednesday night we had a Just Dance Party.  I became addicted to this Wii game over the winter.  It sure is cold in February so games like this helped get us through those cold and windy days. 


Friday, I had a day off and did a few adventures.  There were about 7 of us that wanted to do a hike called Crow Pass.  It is in Girdwood.  It was a total of 6 miles.  I would say it was a moderate hike. 










Here is a picture of the fun crew that I went hiking with. 
Then we ran into some other hikers that took a picture of our whole group.






On the way up we passed a few waterfalls created by the glacier above.











Later, that night, we went for a swim.  Yes, you heard correct, It was such a warm day that we needed to cool off.  Let me tell ya.....one way to cool off is by taking a quick jump into a pond in ALASKA!

Sarah and Nicole jumping in....

I had to get motivated, but eventually I built up the courage to take the jump.  I have always wanted to say I swam outside in Alaska...well I guess I checked that one off my list....

The fun crew after the swim.....

Well, I just blogged after a nice rainy day....I guess we have to have a few drizzly days in between the gorgeous sunny days.  It makes the sunny days that much sweeter when we feel we have earned them.

Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment