Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Few Changes....

Hello again fellow readers!  There has been a little change...my blog is now connected to the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Centers Facebook page!  The members and guests can also enjoy hearing about what goes on at the center.  I am very excited.  I have been working in the gift store the past few days.  I was in the gift store today as well.  It stopped raining and the sun decided to show up.  During the slow times in the gift store I would run outside and feed the animals.  Today the lynx, Venetie and Kaltag, had 1/2 a raw chicken each.  This is their favorite day of the week! 

Venetie immediately pounced on her half when I tossed it to her. 
These next 2 photos of Venetie were taken by Doug Lindstrand who emails me photos often to add to my collection.   I know for certain that the second picture is Venetie, because Kaltag has a notch on her right ear.





My next animal to feed was snickers.  We had a special treat for him that he hasn't had in a while...cantelope.   I think he enjoyed it.










I have posted a few videos on youtube from the past few weeks and will also post the links here. 
This first link is a video I just finished editing.  The vegetables from the palmer fair were donated to the center.  We always give most of them to the three adult brown bears.  Patron and Joe Boxer enjoyed the vegetables the most....did I mention they were covered in Honey and hotdogs?
http://youtu.be/0oQjmesrFm0

These next 2 videos are the newest chore that Jonathan and I have added to our job on the weekends.
We feed the bison.  Now that I know how to drive the tractor it makes life just so much easier. 
http://youtu.be/EQiJQozDcZg  Part 1

http://youtu.be/sI1SCgdRudU Part 2

Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment