Monday, September 5, 2011

I thought Alaska had Earthquakes not Hurricanes!

My new task on the weekends...

New task part 2.....

Those were a few videos that I have been meaning to load. 
Today we had winds that were an average of 40 miles an hour!  At Portage lake, 12 miles away, we had a 94mph gust of wind!  By the time it reached the center it was about an 80mph gust.  Wow!  I thought I had experienced windy weather in a Louisiana Hurricane.  So today was basically a day of fighting the weather. 
I had to change clothes twice.  I was completely soaked through my rainjacket, rainpants, and even my muk boots were soaked through.  I walked through puddles that were past my knees!  I had so much fun driving through the mudd puddles on the four wheeler. 
After feeding all the animals, cutting willow for the calves, and changing clothes numerous times, I was able to squeeze in a goodnight lower 48 video clip....


No comments:

Post a Comment