Friday, September 16, 2011

The Snow is Back!

This morning when I went to wake up the big bears and feed the moose calves I noticed a change in scenery....the tops of the mountains are covered in snow!  The snow is back!  I feel like it just left.  The past few days I have been pulling some extra shifts in the gift store.  We are now into our winter hours.  We went from being opened 8-8 to now being opened 10-5pm.  The days are already getting shorter.  I cannot wait for the snow to to slowly work its way down to us!  As I was feeding the calves today I realized just how much they have grown.  I now have to raise my arms as high as they will go to feed the calves.  Soon I will be on my tippy toes and feeding them.  They are eating about 20 cups of grain a day!  In this picture Gilly is on the left and Nelson is on the right.


I mentioned in the previous blog how our elk are seperated.  This picture shows a very good reason why.  This is only play fighting compared to how it would be if females were around. 

Jack has finally shed all his velvet as of about a week ago.  When we gave the animals the left over veggies from the palmer fair we also gave some to the moose and elk.  Jack is enjoying his share.....














I realize this blog is rather short, however, I am actually working outdoors tomorrow so I will be sure to get some snap shots and a goodnight lower 48 video. 

Until tomorrow night a simple Goodnight Lower 48 would have to suffice.....

Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment