Thursday, May 17, 2012

summer has arrived and so have new people!


 The adventures have begun!  Kat and I have been checking out the local rock gym a lot lately.  We even brought two more friends along with us.  Marcie on the left is one of the gift store employees that has returned for the summer.  It was her first time to climb...Kat was giving her a pep talk. 






Meanwhile...... back at the c!!enter....
the musk ox calves have been sprouting like weeds!  Walter is getting so big!  Jonathan gave him his bottle and he downed it in about 3 seconds!!!
                                        It's official meet....Hammond...AKA HAMM!


 The same day we had a huge donation of bananas!  Cyndy Lopez donated about 120 pounds of bananas!!!!!!  Gilly and Nelson were very happy with their treat.

Thanks Mrs. Cyndy!!!!!!








Even Snickers was given a donated Corn on the cobb...oh man did he love that!!!!

 It was my turn later in the day to feed the two boys...I didn't even have to look at what I was doing.  Walter could handle it on his own.  Hammond was slowly approaching for his bottle.










On my way home...yes I said home....I was walking home to a beautiful scenery.  Because we have so many employees living at the center this summer the center has rented to cabins for the summer.  I will be living with Kat.  Marcie and Sarah, two other employees, will be living in another cabin.  I will basically be camping all summer.  We do not have running water.  Typically this would be a bit harder to do; however, we do only live across the street from the wildlife center. 


 Today, Thursday, was my day off.  MT, another employee, and I went hiking.  I decided, while I was in a very energetic mood, that I  would sign up for a trail race on June 17th.  It is a hike that is 3 miles and 3400 feet elevation.

Today we did the Falls Creek Trail.  It was a 4 mile trail (one way) with a 4000 ft. elevation.

I can honestly say that the 2 scoops of ice cream topped with hot fudge and whip cream I chased down afterwards were well earned!    
 This picture on the right with my feet was when we reached the top.  I was too tired to even stand up too take the pictures.









All around the view was outstanding!


Well, it has been a long day!  I am exhausted!  I finally was able to post since I don't have internet over at the cabin. 

Until next time,
Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment