Thursday, May 24, 2012



 Wow!  What a busy week!  The interns have just about all arrived!  Here are two new gals added to the AWCC summer intern staff.  Claire and Kate were walking Hershey for the first time this summer!  I think Hershey was very happy to be getting some bread as a treat.






Tonight MT, and Nikki were taught how to feed baby musk ox.  With a possible 3 moose calves arriving any day now I am training as many people to help out with bottle feedings as possible. 

Walter and Hammond are growing so fast!  Walter weighs nearly 35 pounds.  Hammond is coming up to 30 pounds fairly quickly as well. 


 After work I wanted to take Tug, my boss' dog, to burn some of his puppy energy at the "beach".  It is a nice little strip of land located on the back property of the center.  Instead of sand it is basically a silt like mudd.

 Tug was wearing me out!  He had so much energy!  By the way, if you have a dog with lots of energy that likes to jump....taking him to a beach made of mudd isn't the best idea.....






















After work today; I went for a bike ride with a few other friends to good ole Portage Lake.  Last time I made that ride was over a year ago.  As usual; I am always astounded at the scenery that I live in. 

 I loved how the mountain's reflection was peaking through the bits of Lake breaking through the ice. 
Well, this blog was short and sweet with lots of pics.  I am tired and have a 4AM bottle feeding with a 2 day old moose calf.  Don't worry I will post pics of this little guy soon!

Goodnight Lower 48,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment