Saturday, August 20, 2011

Dinner and Bear talk



Yesterday it was a cold rainy day.  The month of August and begining of September are both cold and wet months up here in AK.  I can not complain since I am hearing how hot it is in Texas from friends and family.  I decided to use my day off yesterday by cooking dinner and making dessert for my roomates.  I went to Girdwood to get the ingredients for Taco soup, corn bread, and oreo balls. 
Here is how they turned out....

The corn bread...


The oreo balls...


and the taco soup went so fast I didn't get a picture. :)

Today we had to set up the barn for a birthday party.  We were taking the kids on hayride as well.


After the hayride I did a porcupine presentation.  Snickers did very well...as usual.



I had to run out to the bears at 1:00pm for my 2 hour shift.  I was able to get a clip of Hugo, our 11 year old grizzly, trying to get me to feed her some hotdog.

Later, we had a senator from Alaska stop by.  We were throwing brush to all the animals and even Mukluk was able to sneak between the fence and grab some willow to munch on. 





No comments:

Post a Comment