Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pink Salmon for the bears

  Yesterday was my day off...so naturally...I worked.  I was getting trained to work in the gift store.  I fed the moose calves at 8am. 


 Doug Lindstrand, a photographer who takes pictures for the center, brought 3 freshly caught Pink Salmon. He is at the center almost every day getting amazing pictures at the center. If you see photos on my blog they are almost always from Doug. 
Doug is also a very good artist!

Shaggy dug right into the fish.  The brown bears seem to like silver salmon way more than pink salmon.  Also, they would rather eat the brains, eyes, and scales, rather than the actual meat that we love. 

I was feeding the cubs before I headed into the gift store for training...don't worry I was very careful not to get stinky salmon on my clothes.

Taquka really liked to play more with his fish rather than actually eat it....He would sling the fish around. 

 When shaggy got her second fish she gobbled up the whole fish right away. 

Taquka playing with his fish.....

Today, Tuesday, I also had a day off which I traded in for a day in anchorage and the gift store.  I first went into town to work a booth at the Anchorage education headquarters.  We basically talked about programs that we had to teach ages from K-12th grade. 

After the seminar was over we packed up and headed back to the center.  I changed into my gift store clothes and went straight to work.  I worked  a total of about 12 hours today and am calling it a day...whew!

Goodnight lower 48,
ErIn 

No comments:

Post a Comment