Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

 We have had lots of snow these past few days.  We are also about to start training our 2 moose calves Gilly and Nelson.  However, I am not so sure I can even call them calves anymore.  They are taller than me!  Gilly was very interested in following me and my camera around.  While I was trying to be patient and get pictures with the 2 of us; Doug Lindstrand was passing by.  He quickly hopped out of his van and snapped a few photos of me with Gilly and Nelson.  Gilly is the lovable one.  He even gave me a few kisses.

Nelson, is the more physical calf.  If we put our heads down he loves to push his head against ours.  I think he will be the more dominant Bull between the 2. 
This same day we had a surprise visitor.  We had done some filming a few days earlier with our 3 year old bull moose.  Vanessa Hudgens was even in the scene with Jack the moose.  Vanessa, her sister, and her mother stopped by the center for a tour.  Jordan gave them a tour of the center.  I also hopped into the yukon to give them some bananas for Jack.  They were able to feed Jack, snickers, visit with the moose calves, and also meet Shaggy and Taquka. 
 At the end of their visit I was even able to get a photo with Vanessa. 

The movie Frozen Ground is expected to come out later next year.  Hopefully I will be able to make it to the premier!  It was very nice to meet Vanessa and her family.  They were very sweet and interested in everything Jordan talked about.



Just 2 days after filming Jack actually lost one of his antlers!  Wow! Talk about good timing!  I don't even want to think about what would have happened if he lost it before filming!  Tomorrow, Friday, is a free day at the center.  I am working in the ticket booth.  Today Alyeska, the resort in Girdwood, opened for skiing.  I am really excited because I may go skiing on Sunday!  Hopefully, I won't be as bad as my first day on Alyeska in February!  I remember how soar I was after that.  Wish me luck!
The photos from this blog were taken by the wonderful Doug Lindstrand.  As always, very appreciated Doug...Thanks!!!!!!
Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

3 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had a nice Thanksgiving - loved the pictures & stories, as usual. Here's hoping your skiing trip is uneventful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linked here from Amy's blog, intrigued by the moose pics. I lived for years in Wyoming, so have an appreciation for big animals. Neat blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Warren I really appreciate that! It helps to motivate me to write blogs and post pics when I know people are interested :)

    ReplyDelete