Friday, March 9, 2012

Don't worry I'm still here...

 Ok, so I think it is safe to say that our bears have officially come out of hibernation.  Well, all of our brown bears at least.  Kuma and Uli, the 2 black bears, still have a few weeks till they usually wake up.  Today I actually got the go ahead to start feeding them every day again.  We have a fridge stocked full of moose that I know our bears are gonna love! 

I t was a road kill moose that someone donated to us so that it didn't go to waste. 
 Taquka is usually the first between these 2 yearlings to wander out of the cabin daily.  Shaggy, the female takes a little bit longer to wake up.  These past week or so things have really picked up their pace.  By the end of the day I am usually too exhausted to blog.  I apologize for the long absence.  Even on my days off I manage to get a project going that takes all day.  We have also begun to get things ready for this summer.  I have begun ordering formulas for any possible moose calves or musk ox calves that we may be raising. 

I am also very excited for the fact that there will be a few people returning from last year.  It will be a fun filled summer with old friends, and I am excited to make new friends as well. 

On my day off last week I walked around to get some photos with the animals.  Jewelie is always ready for her fruit mixed in with her grain. 
 Yesterday, it was such a gorgeous day that I had to stop and visit the calves with some treats.  A member donated about 40 pounds of bananas 2 weeks ago for the moose.  I finally gave them the last few bananas as well as some oranges.  Jack is on the far left, then Gilly, and finally Nelson on the far right.

Gilly is always interested in my camera.  











Even though Jack is cut off in this photo I still wanted to post it because you can sort of see from his view. 
 This is the wood bison pasture located just on the other side of the road.  You can see the sun is setting behind the mountain. 

Last night the aurora lights where out so well!  It was an amazing sight.  Unfortunately, I didn't get photos with my camera.  However, I am going to get some photos from my roommates for the next blog.  I better go wash some dishes from feeding animals today.  Next blog be ready to see some aurora pics!

Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment