Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Can't find My camera for the time being.....

Well, last night I mostly didn't blog since I could not seem to find my camera.  So, I thought that I would give it another night.  I still could not find it today.  Don't worry, I know it is somewhere in the house...it's just a matter of finding it.  Although, it did give me a good excuse to clean my room. 

Yesterday was a hectic day.  Jordan was in Anchorage for business so I was training the bears for the day. I loved it!  The bears are getting so big!  Taquka weighs around 175lbs, while Shaggy is about 150lbs.  Around 11 am was the first bear training demonstration.  I also received a call that there would be a national geographic representative for brazil!  So after the training for the public at 11 I also did an interview for the representative and camera man.  It was so cool!  I introduced them to the bears and did a private training session for them.  They also asked me some questions in front of the camera to get some better shots for the background.  Anyways, it was a lot of fun; but it was back to vacation...I mean work.  So I went to the bear enclosure for an hour or so to do a little talking.  I had to be at the moose calf enclosure for the 4 pm feeding.  I was also meeting two gentlemen to get a picture of the moose calves.  They had called ahead asking if they made a donation if they could get a picture of a moose calf wearing a hat.  Ok sounds weird I know.  However, these two guys travel around the world getting pictures with this same hat on a type of animal everywhere they go.  They also have a website where you can see everywhere the hat has been.  So they got their picture of Gilly wearing the hat.  I soon finished the day around 8pm when I fed the calves again. 

Today, tuesday, was another busy vacation day.... I mean sorry a work day.  I started my day by feeding the 2 cutest moose calves in all of Alaska.  Gilly and Nelson have doubled in size since we  got them 6 weeks ago.  I then moved on to work about 2 hours at the bear enclosure.  Around 11 I headed across the street to get some fresh fireweed, horsetail , and willow for the calves and our Sitka black tailed deer.  The calves were hungry and ready to go again for another bottle at noon.  It was back to the bear enclosure again at 1pm until 3pm.  The bears where out an about.  Joe Boxer was even playing in the water.  I did a trining session at 3 with the cubs and finally had to get myself to leave at 3:45 to prepare the bottles for the 4pm feeding. 

Right after the feeding was over with a family of 4 came in for a private tour.  The tour lasted about an hour and a half.  I finished the day by feeding the black bears (I didn't go in), the eagle, and 2 owls.  I did another feeding at 8pm and called it a day. 

Tomorrow will be the longest day of vacation, I mean work, yet.  I will be working from 8-6, and then we have the porcupine presentation in Cooper Landing at 8:15.  I think I better get some sleep to get ready for the long day ahead of me...

Good night lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment