Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Vacation on Vacation

Well the time is almost here!  I leave tomorrow for a week in Minnesota!  I have to say that it will be a nice vacation.  But wait a minute.....I already am on vacation!  Some people might say that it's nice to get away from work...in a way I guess it is nice to travel and see someone very special to me (wink).  I will miss the animals while I am away, and snow could be here any minute! 

I apologize for the long absence in blogging.  Until today the weather has been sort of crummy.  I really didn't want to take my new camera out in the rain.  Today, I am working in the ticket booth; and of course the sun is out and the rain is way.  I guess it could be much worse.....

The past few days I have been chucking tangerines like crazy to all the animals.  We have received 2 pallets of tangerines and clementines from COSTCO.  So in order for the fruit not to go bad too fast we are throwing them to the animals every day until they are all gone. 

The lynx are doing well.  They have reached the point when I walk by they recognize me.  Obviously it has nothing to do with the fact that I am only 1 of 2 people that gives them cat food, raw chicken, or moose on a daily basis.....

                            Taquka and shaggy are huge!  They must weight 250 pounds now! 

This is the younger of the 2 bull musk ox.  I was throwing their daily tangerines.  The musk ox probably enjoy the tangerines more than any other animal at the center.

Yesterday, Sunday, we had a donation of bananas brought to us.  Of course I headed straight to the bull moose first.  Jack and Chimo instantly recognized the bananas from the fence.  Bananas are just about the only thing that can make these 2 lazy moose get up. 

On saturday and sunday I fed the big bears.  Now that the bears are getting ready to hibernate they are getting about half the amount they typically get.  Patron may even go into hibernation in just about 2 weeks.  Joe Boxer, in this picture, has a filet of salmon from sunday night's dinner.  Hugo and Joe Boxer will probably stay awake until the end of november. 

Well I better go pack for Minnesota!
Goodnight Lower 48
and Happy Late Birthday to Mrs. Rene!

No comments:

Post a Comment