Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Adventures galore

Sorry that I have not posted in the past 2 days.  Our internet at the house has been down and I am just bursting with storite to tell. 

On Sunday we had a film crew from Germany come and visit to shoot for somefootage of the bear cubs.  And guess who they interviewed?  ME!  Jordan was out of town so he asked me to take his place.  First, I went in with the cubs and a camera lady and she filmed me training the cubs.  Then she switched out with another guy and he interviewed me while the cubs ate behind us.  It was so cool!  They said they are going to send us the piece that will be aired in Germany.  I can't wait to see what it will be like.  They said it will be about 4-5 minutes worth of air time. 

So that was the highlight of the day. 

Here is another update of the baby caribou...
  Oh, and we also had a cookout on Sunday night.  Rick, the maintenance guy, broguht us some moose meat.

I had never tried moose before but it was delicious! 

 Jeff did most of the cooking.....he is the new cook for the center.

I got to prepare the potatoes....

Joe Boxer wished he could have joined us.....
So I went to bed with a full stomach.

On Monday we had a day off.  We decided that we wanted to drive through Wasilla and then hike in Eagle River.  So we stopped in anchorage for a few short errands and then we were off to Palin Country. 
After searching for Sarah Palin's house we think we found it....but anyways we also stopped at the Iditarod headquarters..
It was also a museum.

On the way back through Wasilla we did a quick geocahce...
The name of the cache was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang....Can you guess why?

We found the cache hidden in the trunk...

We aslso stopped at a really old Russian Orthodox cemetary...

For some reason, I have yet to have learned, they put miniture houses over the graves. 

Then we hopped back on the road to go to Eagle River.


It was beautiful!  We walked a 3 mile long loop and on the last mile or so we even saw 2 moose in the water.  There happened to be a bridge that we were on ,so we were able to get within 20 feet or so from one of the female moose.
She was so calm and gorgeous. 

The last picture I got was in this tree that was hollowed out.

Well I hope these pictures made up for the last two days of no blogs......

Today we will be having a school group of 25 kids come to the center.  Well, gotta go set up for the tour...

Even though it is a little early to be saying this....Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment