Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Long time no blog!

Sorry for the 9 days of absence.  I have had a lot of family happenings.  I had to go home on April 8th.  Even though it was a quick trip and not for a happy occasion it was still really nice to see family and friends.  I was even sent back to Alaska with an awesome goodie bag!


I think I will be making some corn muffins and red beans and rice for dinner tomorrow night.  :)

I was so excited that I was able to see my dog....
I know your jealous right?
I also got to eat at my favorite place in the woodlands....

Oh how I miss Chic-fil-a....

My first day back at the AWCC we had 3 puppet shows in Anchorage.

We fed and gave water to the animals and then headed into anchorage.  On our way out to Anchorage we saw 3 Bald Eagles in one tree! 


The one on the far right is the oldest.  I know this because the other 2 did not have their white heads yet.  A bald eagle doesn't get its white feathers until it is about 5 years old.  The 2 younger ones are sometimes mistaken as a golden eagle. 

The puppet shows went well and then we headed back to the center after a quick trip to the grocery store.  I think I will be having a tuna steak for dinner tonight...yummy

Tonight was the last night for soccer so I headed back into Girdwood....well it was a quick session since only 3 of us showed up.  I headed back to the center and went for a run.

Boy if running in Alaska isn't a good reason to go for a run.....I don't know what is.  It was such a gorgeous day today!  I couldn't stop running since I began to get cold once I stopped running. 

Now it is time to go throw a tuna steak on the grill....






No comments:

Post a Comment