Saturday, April 30, 2011

2 days left!

I can't believe it has been 3 months already!  I am already half way done with my internship!  I will be super bummed IF I have to leave Alaska to find another job....

Today was another day in town running Bones and Fur programs.  The 3 programs went very well.  We even went to a spanish emersion class of fourth graders.  I think it is so smart to have kids learn a foreign language from Kindergarden through highschool.  This particular class was all the way in Chugiak, Alaska.  It was about an hour and half from our center. 

We only have 2 days left of going to anchorage for programs!

I was thinking about how many places I have been to in Alaska already.  It is a lot for only being here 3 months...
Portage
Gordwood
Whittier
Seward
Anchorage
Wasilla
Eagle River
Chugiak
Fairbanks
Healy
Fox
North Pole...

I think that is it so far...

Before we started our last 2 programs at 1:00 pm we had about 2 hours to spare.  So we went to Fred Meyer, giant grocery store, and walked around.  Then I started to get very tired...
Starbucks!  Ahh I feel much better now...

So our programs went very well, and then we headed back to the center.  We fed the birds, Deer, porcupine, and then headed to the bunk house.  We ran 2 miles and called it a day!  It is starting to stay lighter much later into the night now.  The sun doesn't go down till about 9ish or so. 

Well the sun actually went down a few hours ago and I am going to call it a night...

Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment