Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Dirty parts of my job...

Well today I quickly learned why I would rather work with animals than with humans.  We were doing 3 puppet shows today in anchorage.  As I watched the kids cough, sneeze, pick their noses, and put objects in their mouths I new immediately that I would NEVER be a teacher.  I have a very high appreciation for teachers.  I would rather go into a cage with wild bears than be thrown into a classroom of 1rst graders.  Don't get me wrong...I LOVE kids and in fact I am a pretty good babysitter.  However, I just don't think I could stay in a room for 8 hours a day with kids running rampid.  Teachers are DEFINITELY under paid.  Can I get an amen to that.....


We had a quick lunch in the car before doing 2 more puppet shows.
This is my lunch bag that my boss at TGR Exotics, the internship before Alaska, gave my along with a few other goodies before coming to Alaska.  Thanks again for that Kim!

Well, we finished our puppet shows with great ethusiasim and went to run a few errands. 
We stopped at Fred Meyer, a grocery store on steroids, to get groceries and a few easter decorations for the center.  Then, we also went to best buy to get some cords for the center as well. 

We arrived back at the center and we were welcomed by some rain.  It has been raining all day here at the center while it has been sunny in Anchorage. 

This was really all we did today....We have our last 3 puppet shows in Anchorage tomorrow!  Not that I am sick of it or anything...the script is just pretty much drilled into my head. 

The beluga whales are starting to come in every morning with the tide so hopefully soon you will get to see some close beluga pictures!

Goodnight lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment