Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Porcupine Presentation #2

Today was an early start for me and the other intern.  We had a porcupine presentation in Eagle River; which is about half an hour past anchorage.  So it was just under an hour and a half from the center to Eagle River.

I was hoping that this presentation went much better than last weeks.  I was actually quilled by snickers last time.  It was my fault since I scared him by touching his tail.  Anyways, today went really well.  We had an hour to talk about the center, discuss porcupine facts, and then the class was able to watch snickers eat some peanuts while we answered questions.  At the end of the presentation we divided the class into 4 groups.  The group that could make the best porcupine out of playdo and spaghetti noodles won bison poop frisbees.  Yes, that is what I said.  We have frisbees that are made to look like a bison patty. 
The presentations went great!  We had a total of 3 presentations.  We headed back to Portage and we were exhausted. 

So we finished up the work day by feeding the animals and heading back to the bunk house. 

But first, we made a pit stop and grabbed our boss' rain boots from his truck.  Then I climbed up a tree and hung them from the branches.  I didn't get any good pics since I misplaced my camera......surprise there.....

I have a few more tricks up my sleeve.....hehehehehehe (evil laugh)

Now, I am going to go and finish watching the movie Tangeled...

Good Night Lower 48
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment