Monday, June 20, 2011

A special Visit

Yesterday was a very busy day. We were getting the center ready for Senator Murkowski to visit. She is very interested in learning about our Wood Bison restoration project. So, first thing was first....take care of the animals...

We even cleaned up the bear exhibit....beleive me bear scat is one of the smelliest things I have had to clean up since I have been working at the AWCC. There was a nice reward of getting to work with the cubs afterwards. 


I think this next picture is one of my favorites so far...



Taquka was doing very well in training....



So today the Senator arrived and it was actually my day off.....well I thought it was at least.  I started working at 11 to help everything get prepared for her visit.  I actually got to feed the moose calves with her!  It was a lot of fun.  She seemed to really enjoy her visit and was very friendly.  She stayed for a few hours and discussed the future plans of the wood bison project with our Executive Director Mike Miller.  Later, we took a few pictures with her before she headed out. 

We also introduced our second moose calf in with Gilly.  They are getting along great!  I can not wait to feed both of them tomorrow!  I will definitely be using my gopro camera for that feeding.  I will also get some pictures of the two of them together for the next blog.

Goodnight Lower 48,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment