Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

We now have 3 bison calves!
Doug Lindstrand, our center's photographer, sent me some of his pictures.  So I can't take credit for the amazing pictures on today's blog.


The wood bison or really good mothers.  Our musk ox are a different story.  We are always keeping a close eye on the musk ox calves.
Today on mother's day we simply had to just hang out by the big bears and answer any questions.  Also, to make sure that no loonies tried to jump in the enclosure. 
This is a pic of 2 of the bears playing in the water. 

We also saw a lot of planes flyong around for Hooligan.  Hooligan is a type of oily fish the some people like.  Our Eagle, Adonis, really loves them.  The planes will try to spot the hooligan in groups. 

So After a long day of dealing with a few dumb questions and windy weather It was finally over!  It was one of our busiest days of the year!  We had about 2,200 people visit the center on Mother's Day. 

It just wore me out! 
Today, Monday, is finally a day off.  I think we are going into town today to see a movie.  I want to see Water for Elephants.  I read the book and loved it! 

Happy Birthday to my friend that I met at the center, Linda!

Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment