Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lots of kids and then a day off

On Tuesday, which is normaly a day off, we had 75 5th graders coming in for a field trip.  What a way to start a day.  We had 2 hours to give them a tour, porcupine presentation, and then have them eat lunch and visit the gift store.  Well, 5th graders are definitely a little more rambunctious than 1rst graders....
That tour wore me out!  Anyways, it was eventually over and the day continued as it does normally.
The chickens were happy to have a nice sunny day...

At he end of the day we watched a few movies and called it a night.

On Wednesday it was a day off.  I had no plans and was loving it!  I slept in, fed some animals, had some yummy breakfast, and then opened up my book to finish reading it. 

When I went to feed the chickens Taqoka was playing with a tire, one of his new toys.




  A few hours later I had finally finished reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.  It was a really good book.

Later, I decided to ride down to Portage Glacier and get some nice pictures on a beautiful day.

Remember when Portage Lake used to look like this... 
Now it looks like this...


These are just a few more photos I took while riding the bike....



After riding the bike for 12 miles I was worn out!  So we watched a movie and called it a night. 
Tomorrow we are starting our day off with three different tours going on around 10:30 consisting of about 150 kids!  I think I might need to have a rockstar energy drink!

Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment