Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trail of Blue Ice

Monday was my first day off where I didn't have any plans.  It was so nice!  So I slept in till 9....thinking it was much later since the sun was shining through like it was noon.  So I thought that I would ride my bike around.  When I say my bike I really mean one of the other interns bikes that they left and let me use.
I saw Shaggy the female cub sunbathing...she is so cute.

Then I went and gave snickers lunch....



He loves sweet peppers...

Me and Amelia went in to Girdwood to mail some things, pick up a few groceries, and re-fill the water jugs.  Then we decided that we were going for a bike ride.  There is a trail called Trail of Blue Ice that is just right across the street from the center.  It is about 6 miles to the very end so total we biked about 12 miles. 
It was such a beautiful day!  It was supposed to be rainy and gross.  We took advantage of sunny day.

Along the trail we came across a really pretty, mossy covered area.
Towards the end of the trail the sun was behind the mountain...



We had finally made it to the end of the road.  It ends at Portage Glacier.  The lake is finally melting.
The glacier is behind me on the right.  You kind of have to go around the corner of the mountain to completely see the glacier.  I am hoping in the summer some time I will get that opportunity.
Tuesday is also another day off.  I don't really think I will be doing anything very interesting.  But, if anything seems worth blogging about I will definitely let yall know....

Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment