Sunday, May 22, 2011

New Arrivals?

Waking up and seeing a dreary, rainy, and cold day is not what I want to see when I look out my window.  However, when I look past the rain clouds and see mountains, bald eagles, and remember that I get to work with bear cubs...it doesn't seem so bad afterall.  Since the weather wasn't at its best; there wasn't that many visitors.  We did have a volunteer return so it was fun getting to take her around the center again. 

Last night I grabbed a cantalope from the bunkhouse that no one wanted to eat.  Snickers, mukluk, and Jewelie will be getting cantalope for lunch today. 

Snickers had a feast today for lunch.  He had 1 cup of reindeer grain, cantalope, fireweed, and a nut mix. 



                                              Snickers eating fireweed.





We did some training with the cubs.  I didn't realize until I compared pictures that they are getting so big!


Just a few months ago Taquka was about 40 pounds less than he is now!

The day continued to be rather slow but it ended on a very good note.  We may be getting two moose calves in this evening!  Although this means that something happened to their mother it will be a very neat experience to help raise the calves.  I will let you guys know if we have any new arrivals to the center tomorrow!

Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment