Sunday, March 27, 2011

Almost 2 months!

I can't believe I have been here for almost 2 months!  Wow!  Time has just been flying! 

It is so nice having another intern here, not only to help with the chores, but to also just have another person to talk to.  We get along great!  I finally found my camera after 2 days of tearing my room upside down to find it under my bed.  So now I finally have some more pictures to post.

Yesterday was just a day into town to run some errands.  On the way back I was able to get a good pic of the train that goes by every day...

Today was the first day that it felt like we were getting into more of a routine.
The typical things like preparing diets, cleaning bowls, and checking water bowls all took only about an hour between two interns.  Now, since the center is getting busier there is always going to be one of us that will stay at the big brown bear exhibit to make sure no one is breaking any rules.  We also are there to answer questions.  Today was interesting because I actually got to see Joe Boxer (the male brown bear that weighs about 1100 pounds) climb a tree!

Later, we trained the cubs with Jordan and they are getting so big!  I am continuosly amazed at how much they are becoming more and more adaptive to their training. 

It has been snowing for 3 days!  Go figure, after winter is over the snow arrives.  Winter officially ended on March 19th.  There may be even more snow coming in on tuesday.  The sun was able to peak through today and we quickly took some beautiful pictures of the center. 

I ended the night with The last night skiing day for the season. 
And topped it off by making some Uncle Dan's ranch dressing....it knocks Hidden Valley out of the park!

Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment