Monday, March 14, 2011

My first youtube video

Now that we have gained an hour it seems so much easier to wake up in the morning with the sunlight beaming through the window.  Anyways it's off to work!

So first I do my rounds by opening the chicken coop so that they can enjoy the sun outside.  Then I feed the Sitks black tailed deer.  Next, I water down the dog food for the bears and then I head in to prepare the porcupine diet.  So I get to the kitchen grab the fish to let it thaw out and get snickers' food ready.  Today he got grain, lettuce, and 2 clementines.  He was happy to see me....
 Then I found out that a video I uploaded last night onto youtube of our baby musk ox was posted on the AWCC facebook page.  It made my day. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdB2-r5Cji0

So later I went back and cleaned snickers area up a bit and rewarded his good behavior with lunch!


I got a few pics of what our baby musk ox will grow up to look like....

They top out at about 800 pounds. 

Tonight we did a little geocaching to end the night.  If you don't know what this is here is the link...
http://www.geocaching.com/

It is sort of like a treasure hunt.  It is a great activity to do with friends or family.  All you need is a hand held GPS then you just go to the website and type in your starting address and it will show you all the hidden caches in the area.  So once you pick a cache that you want to find you plug the coordinates into your GPS and off you go.  Well I took my roommate along with me since they had never done it before.  Luckily, we found it and here was the view from the cache...

Not a bad way to end the day.....

Goodnight lower 48
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment