Monday, March 21, 2011

Louisiana in Alaska

I am not going to start my blog off with "So", I was told it sounds as if I am just continuing an story.  I like the sugestions on how to improve my blog.  I also want to thank all of my blog followers.  It encourages me to have an exciting day so that I can type about it.  Yesterday was filled with many cleaning tasks. 

We straigtened up the bear cub exhibit a lot more and then tried to train them a bit.  I say tried since they were not really in the mood.  We cannot force the cubs to train if they don't want to. 

I cleaned the porcupine house and then headed over to clean up mukluk's enclosure.  She is getting her baby horns in so I try to spend as much time as I can with her. 

I am getting ready for tomorrow when I pick up the new intern. 

On Monday I was going to distribute the diets a little earlier since I was heading inot town to pick the intern up.  I added a few blueberries into the bear cub food just mix things up a bit.  I also tossed them a few clementines.  I headed to town around 1:30.
First I ckecked the mail.....hmmmmm I got a package, can't wait to open it...
Then I was off to Anchorage.  I went to walmart where I filled up the entire cart with things for the bunkhouse.  I also needed to get a few items for a presentation on Tuesday.  I wasn't able to get everything, but it was time to go pick up the new intern.  I picked up Amelia and immediately I think she is going to be a lot of fun to work with.  She is from Ohio. 
I took her grocery shopping and we headed home. 
Tomorrow is going to be alot of fun , because we will be doing a presentation at a school using our porcupine, Snickers.  I can not wait!  I will tell yall all about it tomorrow.  Also, I opened my package and found a gourmet dinner waiting to be created!
Thanks Devin!
Goodnight lower 48
ErIn

1 comment:

  1. So. . . I just appreciate your taking time out each day to let us follow you in this adventure. Love reading each word and feeling like you aren't so far away from us. WE MISS YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete