Sunday, March 6, 2011

church and back to work

Today I got ready to go to church.  After church we ate lunch at the resort.  I had a portebello muchroom on a pretzel bun....it was pretty good.... So it was back to work...
When we got back to the center Mike (the owner) had a message from Sarah Palim's father saying he stopped by to say hi to Mike.  They will be back though...

It snowed about half an inch yesterday so all of the ugly silt was finally covered up.  It was a warm 25 degrees today and sunny out.  The Iditarod took off today at 2 so the race is on!  I am rooting for Lance Mackey to make win number 5 and break the record.  Or I am rooting for Martin Buser, because I like his personality.  The Iditarod is known as the last greatest race on earth. 

It was so nice out today that I decided to take the porcupine out for a wheel barrow ride.  It got super busy when I did this so I wasn't able to get a picture, but I will next time.  Later, I went and visited the baby musk ox.  Her name is Mukluk.  She is almost 1 year old.  Her mother was kiled by a bear and some men saw this happen so they were able to save her.  The musk ox have a layer of fur called the Qivuit.  It is 8 times warmer than wool and softer than cashmere.  However, only the natives are allowed to harvest the Qivuit.  I will get a good picture of her tomorrow. 

I also learned how to work in the gift store.  I think I like working outside better.  Anyways, so I headed home after a really busy day. 

One thing that I have learned is our smoke detectors are very sensitive....

Goodnight lower 48
ErIn

1 comment:

  1. Odd. Since I moved to Ak Ive noticed overly sensitive smoke detectors as well..

    ReplyDelete