Thursday, March 10, 2011

Busy Day Off!

Woo! So I finally got home from being in town all day long!
It was my second day off and I used every minute of it to run errands.

So I woke up at about 8:30 and prepared the diets so that on my way out to Anchorage I just needed to feed them.  So at aroun 11:00 am the animals were fed and we left to go to town.  On the way to town we stopped in Girdwood to go to the post office.  I sent a few post cards out and mailed a book to my book buddy back home.  Then we headed to drop the car off to get the oil changed.  So while that was getting changed we ate lunch at subway and then walked over to Walmart.  I asked if they still took film for photos and they didn't. :( So grabbed a few bottles of finger nail polish and out we went.  We checked play it again sports, a store that sells used sports equipment, for some ski gear and unsuccesfully we headed back to pick up the car.  Next, it was the Alaska zoo! 

 
So we walked around here for a bit.  Here are my favorite photos...


  The zoo was a lot of fun!  And I even got one of those pennys that you put in the press machine...I collect them.  Ok I have been wanting to get some film developed so we dropped it off at walgreens.  So then we headed over to REI and I returned some ski gloves that I wasn't happy with...
Next stop....another play it again sports to check out the ski gear.....ok still unsuccesfull...
Alright hmmmmm...sports authority...I have been looking at a pair of indoor soccer shoes since I wanna join the indoor league in Girdwood.  They play on tuesday nights for $5...Yep I left the store with abrand new ball, shin gaurds, socks, and shoes...good thing pay day is friday!
Ok we have dinner reservations at Kobes!  Yay!  My roomate has never been there and they had a coupon so we decided it would be a good place to try.  It was delicous!  Woo...its 9:15 when we finally are leaving the restaurant!  So we run over to walgreens and pick up my film.   But guess what?  There were lines through every single picture!  So i took just the CD since she said that wouldn't have the lines.  We run to the grocery store so I can get some ingredients for taco soup tomorrow night and FINALLY head home.  On the way home I finally got to see the......Auroura Lights!  They were so cool!  Too bad the pictures just looked like a black nothing :(
Well it's midnight and I have a very long day!

Goodnight lower 48
ErIN

No comments:

Post a Comment