Monday, February 14, 2011

Alaskan Adventure #1

Today went normal as planned.  I grabbed the bowls, cleaned them, and prepared diets.  It was a very slow day today so I headed in around 2:30.  Eveyone ended up leaving as well. 

So I get home and my roomate is like
"It's a nie day today, you wanna go skiing?"

"Heck yeah I wanna go!"

So I have been skiing only once in my life annnnnnnnd....it was like 10 years ago.  I was hoping that it would just come back naturally,,,,eh (buzzer sound) WRONG!!!!!  As soon as we get off the chair lift..we start going down the mountain...WIPE OUT!  I mean I lost a ski and everything.  I rolling down the whole mountain!!! Well after a few runs on the kiddie slope I am feeling more confident.  So we take a Tram to the the second highest point on the mountain.  We start the slope at about 2700 feet up.  I think I rolled half of that footage!  The trail was about 2 miles long.  It was awesome.  All in all, I actually sucked at skiing, BUT, I am determined to finish that run without falling!
  This is where the 2 mile run started. 

  View from the slopes


Oh yeah and while I was on the phone with my mom we had an earthquake!  I didn't even feel it though. :(  It was only a 2.3 anyways...no worries...

Tonight we may be able to see the aurora lights!  So please keep your fingers crossed for me!  I will let you know tomorrow if I was able to see it.

Goodnight Lower 48,
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment