Saturday, February 12, 2011

yawn...

So I finally feel like I am getting on the right sleeping system at last.  For the last 2 weeks I have been in bed by 7 and asleep by 8 or 9.  So I end up wakeing up around 5 or 6 and can not go back to sleep.  But FINALLY I am able to stay up till about 10 or 11 and wake up just a little before 9.  I have to be ready for work at 10.

Today it is 5degrees so the temperature definitely beats out yesterday's blizzard.  I hopp on the four wheeler, start it up, and take off......wait a minute!  Turning the four wheeler back around.....heading back to the house....getting extra gloves and my face mask.  This is definitely a different type of cold.  This is the kind where you take off your gloves and one minute later your finger tips are numb. 

Jordan and I tried to build some more enrichment ideas in the bear cube enclosure, but it was still just too cold! 
So After running around and pulling the bowls to clean them, preparing the diets, thawing the fish/rats, cleaning the signs (snow covered them), I am back inside.   Ahhhhhh...I can get the feeling back in my toes.  I am still trying to get the right combination of sock to shoe ratio so I can feel my toes.  I think I will buy these foot warmers that stick to the bottom of your socks that I just heard about.  Later tonight it's supposed to reach the negatives!  Is that possible?

I really needed to clean the porcupine house out since it rained a couple of days ago.  Plus, he may need extra hay since it has gotten much colder. 

After, all the normal outside duties are done I ended up helping in the store some more.  I am really excited because one of the employees that works on the website has told me that they are sending me to Anchorage on Thursday to attend a meeting.  It is a meeting that new people in companies go to to learn about alaska.  I hope I meet some people here!

Well I am getting ready to go out to dinner with a few roomates....until next time :)
ERiN

No comments:

Post a Comment