Thursday, February 24, 2011

Meet the Aussies

Today was going to be a busy day!  After two days off I knew that there would be a lot of cleaning that needed to be done.  So I prepared the diets and finished making the paper maches for some animals.
I use the paper maches for enrichment.



Next,  I got the wheel barrow, rake, shovel, broom, and rolled away to the first enclosure.  I started with cleaning the sitka black tailed deer. 

Next I went on to clean the porcupine.  He was a little hyper. 

 I moved on to scrubbing the owl and Bald Eagle perches.  I got a few good pics of the owls and eagle.

yeah he looks mad doesn't he......


Woo...I was a little worn out after running around.  I took a few pics of the bear cubs because we think they may be allergic to something.  One of them is losing a ton of hair in patches.  So we are going to send the pictures to a vet to look at.  My day at work was coming to an end.  On my walk home I ran into three people who were taking a tour of the place.  They asked me if I wouldn't mind showing them around.  So I officially had my first tour today.  The two girls I met were from Melbourne, Australia.  They were very nice.  So after I gave them a tour I headed in for dinner.  We had fresh tuna steaks for dinner.  They were so good! It was only 12$ for a pound of tuna!  So we split that and each had a steak.  I still wasn't even able to finish my half of a pound!  We are now getting ready to hit the slopes for some night skiing!  Tonight we are expecting to get 3-6inches of snow....which we desparately need!  This winter has hardly brought any snow.
Alright lower 48 its about that time.....
Goodnight lower 48
ErIn

P.S. Just got back from night skiing and I only fell once....so there is definitely some improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment