Thursday, February 3, 2011

Getting Settled In

ok so today finally felt like a normal day
Woke at 6:15 (ok maybe thats not normal)
I don't have to be at work till 10 so....
hmm I will watch some more Lonesome Dove....
3 hours later....
ok nice bowl of oatmeal and I will take some pics of  the bedroom so everyone knows what it looks like, and some nice views from my kitchen window...

Alright get to work...first thing is Feed the bear cubs with Jordan (my boss)
Now I go do my own thing..
Feed the eagle, Owls, porcupine, deer, and chickens.
Later I met back up with Jordan and we did some more bear cub training, we use peanut butter.
They are already trained to stand up, target (go to a tree and place their front paws on it), motion "ok" (swipe air with right paw), and to not eat us...(ok that last one was added)
So after a few minutes of this I go and cut up some apples and see if they are going to like these...THEY DO!! So we now know that they are motivated by peanut butter, grapes, apples, and interns (also added that last part)
Anyways, so some of yall may be wondering how I will get groceries and such.  Well they have a vehicle just for interns to borrow.  However, another employee is currently using it so I have  had soup and oatmeal for that past few days.  But finally today I was able to borrow the car and drive 15 minutes to Girdwood where I pass the only ski resort in Alaska.  I make it to the grocery mart.  It is definitely no Kroger!  I grab two baskets, yes baskets because there are no carts and even if there were the store is way to small to need them.  So I grab a bunch of groceries, minus the ponytails and bobby pins that they don't have, and head back home....
So followers this is the end of todays events.
Tomorrow should be exciting because we (meaning a vet) are going to be doing a necropsy of a 3 year wood bison!

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea what a necropsy is, but I will google it and find out asap!!!
    Eat healthy!! Ok, just eat what you can find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as I was reading this comment I had some left over pizza warming up in the oven....I ended up only having 1 piece instead of 2 cuz I could hear your voice in the back of my head lol

    ReplyDelete