Friday, February 4, 2011

Bison Necropsy

So today started out with the feeding of the bear cubs, along with a photographer taking pictures of us training and just the cubs as well.  All of the pictures that are seen on the AWCC website are from this same photographer. 
Then about 2 hours later I had the opportunity to watch a necropsy of a 3 year old Wood Bison that died yesterday from unknown causes. It was so interesting.  I got to see the heart and basically everything else inside a bison.  The cause of death is still unknown but the vet will run some tests from all of the samples they collected. 
Although I know some of you may want to see pics I didn't think it was appropriate to do this.  :(
Tomorrow we will be open to the public. 
I am ready for a car!!!!  I want to go to Anchorage so badly; another employee has been using the intern car since hers is getting fixed.
ahhhhh!!!
I already watched lonesome dove so I guess I will breeze through a book this weekend since (surprise here) the employee will be using the car all weekend!!!
At least I don't have to pay for gas ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment