Wednesday, February 9, 2011

pears, musk ox, and elk

yawn.....

alright ready to work...

hmmm...lets see if snickers (porcupine) will eat apricots...yep I think he will eat any fruit basically

By the way all of our fruit and vegetables are donated by Costco (which is like Sam's), it's basically the fruit and vegetables that they can no longer sell

Alright now after I have done the typical duties of picking up the bowls, cleaning them, and preparing the meals for the day, I am now off to clean the owls' enclosure...

Ok I don't get grossed out by a lot of things, but bird poo is one of the things that I just find disgusting!
I finally found a good scrub brush and cleaned off their perches.
So I hoped back onto the fourwheeler when I was done to go feed the cubs.

By the way it was a little warmer today so I really only had to wear my carhart overalls and a long sleeve shirt.  I think the lower 48 got all of our cold weather...I'm not complaining....

I have found a new project.  I will be cleaning the moose, elk, and caribou antlers that have been collected over the years.  They will be making a huge sign saying welcome out of the antlers....I know sounds like so much fun...So I am going to let those  soak over night.  Since I know how excited you are to hear how they turned out I will let you know tomorrow. 

The pears are starting to go bad so I should probably go feed them to some lucky animals.  The elk and the musk ox really like pears! 

Well it is about that time to finish up.  I made a quick trip to the local grocery store in Girdwood , and finally I was able to go to the post office for stamps!

I was so exhausted after running around all day that I didn't even pay attention to the ice when I was getting out of the car.  I completely wiped out!  Did I mention I was wearing shorts?  Yes, shorts, because like I said the lower 48 seemed to have stolen the cold weather.  So that means less padding people!  I better have a good bruise after an epic fall like that!

Adios Lower 48!
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment