Sunday, February 20, 2011

Skiing again today!

So today was awesome!!!!

Ok first, I went to church with my boss.  We went to the only church in the area.  The next church over is an hour away!  I will be trying the Anchorage one maybe on wednesday night.  Anyways, so we went the United Methodist Church in Girdwood.  Ok, so I have never been to a methodist church.  I gotta say it was different but we were still worshiping the same person....so that was good ;)  So when we get there I notice that it is still under construction.  Right away the church secretary shows me around the building.  They have come along way!  She was also very excited and proud to announce that they now had running water for toilets and showers.  One thing you should know about Girdwood,Alaska.  About half of the town only has running water.  So a lot of people go to the local laundrymat to pay for showers.  Even a few of the AWCC workers that live across the street in cabins don't have running water.  So they come to AWCC to shower.  This was definitely an eye opener for me.  Also, the water that we get at AWCC is really stinky, because, the water has alot of sulphur and iron in it.  We can't even drink the tap water here.   So church ended and we headed back to work. 

I prepared,cleaned, and distributed diets. 

hmmmm....we have been thinking about going skiing again tonight....yup going skiing.  After I went the first time skiing I decided that it would be a good investment to buy my own pair of used skis.  So, today was going to be the first time I didn't have to rent skis for 35$, and I would see if I was still horrible at skiing or the new pair made a difference.  Right away I could tell that getting a pair of skiis that are 5 inches shorter than the pair I rented last time makes a huge difference.  I only fell a total of 2 times today!  That beats out the 10 times I fell on monday. It was so much fun!  I can definitely tell that this is going to be a hobby.  But, MAN!!!! IT was EXHAUSTING!  I am definitely still building up my endurance!  I will let you know if I will be able to even walk tomorrow!
An aerial view of an overcast morning in Alyeska, Alaska alyeska alaska skier alyeskaresort winter20082009 skiing  This is at the top of the mountain that we ski down....


So after a long day of skiing we head home, pop some waffle fries in the oven (since I can't get chic-fil-a here), and here I am at the computer....

Goodnight lower 48
ErIn

No comments:

Post a Comment