Saturday, February 19, 2011

salmon for dinner

The concert last night was great!  I had a blast, but it's back to work today.  I head outside in my thermal and jeans since it is a warm 16 degrees today.  Oh wait! The wind is blowing like 35miles an hour.  So I went straight back in to change into a third layer of clothes.  We head on over to the bear cub exhibit to feed them.  We also added some screws so that we could hang some plastic crates by chains.  This is a type of enrichment for them to play with.  Jordan also spread peanut butter around everywhere for them to find later. 

I then headed in to the kitchen for the daily diets preparation. 

After this, I needed to clean the owls and Eagle perches.  I grabbed a scrub brush and the rest is history.  It was already almost feeding time for the birds so I grabbed the 12 mice for the owls and the filet of salmon for Adonis.  By the way I also am having some fresh salmon for dinner.  Rick, a guy that works at AWCC, his family owns a salmon wheel.  This is basically a huge wheel the scoops the salmon right out of the water.  So this is as fresh as it gets, except when you go fishing for it that day.  I will let you know how dinner tasted tomorrow night. 

I also have been needing to mop the kitchen.  Done, Kitchen cleaned.  Well, I guess I will go throw some boxes from the store into the burn pile. 

Hmmmm, ok I will go re-stock the fridge with fruits and veggies for the animals.  I headed over to the barn to grab some peppers, oranges, and lettuce.  We like to give oranges out when we have a freeze coming in.  The animals like the juice when they have no water to drink.  Also, keep in mind that all our animals are natives to Alaska so most of them prefer to eat snow than drink water anyways.  The black bears really like the citrus fruits when it is super cold. 

All right, well it's about that time to go start putting some zuchini in the pan and salmon in the oven....
Goodnight lower 48
eRin

No comments:

Post a Comment