Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First day at Work

So at 10:00 in the morning my new boss picked me up.  Right away I could tell that I would be able to work with him very easily.  We ran a couple of errands one being us going to a store called Spotsmans Outdoors or something along that line).  I was introduced to (i think their called) chains, so I walked out of the store with ice chains to but on my shoes so I don't slip.  We drive about 50 minutes to AWCC (Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center) where I immediately see why I needed the chains.  W were unloading my luggage and of course I FELL!!! I felt like the typical city girl going to the "little town" and trying to survive.  Anyways I get my stuff in my room (notice the "my" part of room) and I throw my stuff in and right away and I am introduced to the bear cubs that I will be working with.  Their names are Taquoka and Shaguyik. Later I met the owners Mike and Kelly Miller and later I had dinner with them, and guess what it was....SALMON!!! So right away I had the typical alaskan meal...It was delicious!!!!  I will also be feeding the Bald Eagle named Adonis, 2 Great Horned Owls, North American Porcupine named snickers, and and Black Tailed Deer named Jewelie.  At dinner I look outside and think "it's gotta be like 10 cuz I am so tired...it was only 6:45!!!! So I went to bed a little early and then as most of you know I woke up at 5 wide awake and ready to go!! So my friends until next time....I will be posting pics very soon!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment