Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Moose love bananas

Well my day started and ended pretty well.  My boss had meetings all day in Anchorage so I was basically on my own....which I like.  I fed the bears with another employee.

Then what to do next...

I picked up all of the dirty bowls, cleaned , and prepared the daily diets. 

Hmm lets see do Sitka black tailed deer like pears....yup she does....

ok next to feed porcupine....ok I am gonna give him some pear and apple today...

thaw out the salmon for the eagle....
thaw out the rats for the owls...

Kelly did mention that I could give the moose bananas, so I am gonna do this next since we have a whole crate full of donated bananas that will be going bad soon.  I'll take. let's say, hmmm 10 bunches.
2 for the baby musk ox and 8 for the three moose.
Yep moose really like bananas!

Alright, next I wanna find a good log for the cubs to play with...check
next, I wanna drills some holes in this log so I can put peanut butter or meal worms (for the spring) in the holes so thay they can play around and get the treat.  This is what we call enrichment again.  We are constantly thinking of ideas for the animals that will keep them thinking. 
So after tinkering with the right size drill bit I finally get the holes to look like I want. 

Hmmmm....that refridgerator really needs cleaning....1 hour later....clean! (This is the refridgerator that we keep the animal food in)

ok now my day is coming to an end....

Yay! A new roomate moved in...now I will have more than 2 people to talk to! (keep in mind my only other roomate has been out of town the past 3 days!)  So I have read ALOT the past 2 days!  Now don't get me wrong, I really like being on my own.  I am just ready to get a car and be able to explore the great Alaska!

Goodnight lower 48 :)
ErIn

P.S. Once I figure it out I will post pics of  all the things I talk about in my blog so that you can visually see how my day went...right now I only know how to post a few pics at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the menu. I'm sure the animals are thrilled with all your ideas to make meal time the most fun part of each day!
    Stay warm and sleep tight. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!!!

    ReplyDelete